Welcome to volunteers!
We are always delighted to meet prospective volunteers.
There are many ways in which volunteers can help, for example:
- sorting goods at the Cabin
- helping with deliveries of parcels perhaps twice a year or so – click here.
- making contacts with community groups
- helping people in need,
- contacts with schools or surgeries
- distributing our twice-yearly Newsletter
- fund raising
- helping with events such as the trolley drops (and sorting the donated gifts)
- and generally keeping us running along – including photos etc. for the website and publicity materials.
To start with, please fill in our Volunteers Application form, which gives you the opportunity to suggest aspects of our work that interest you most and where you can share your skills.
You might also like to join as a Member either as an individual or representing an organisation – here is the form: membership-form-2016-2017. There is no charge for membership. Being a member gives you a voice and a vote at the Annual General Meeting.
Our office is behind Lymington United Reformed Church on Lymington High Street (next to Elliott’s and opposite Boots, see map below). We are open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 am to 12 noon – just follow the signs along the passage to the left of the church. The Open Door Café will be open, too.
You may send back the form by email as it is in PDF format, by post or by hand to our office.
Whatever you say is strictly confidential.
New Forest Basics Bank Registered Charity no. 1150170
Telephone 01590 610008 (answerphone when office is closed)
New Forest Basics Bank,
Rear of United Reformed Church,
Lymington, SO41 9AG