New Forest Basics Bank is very dependent on the generosity of the community. Without your help we cannot provide for those in the locality who need it.
We are in need of non-perishable food that is not out of date and household consumables.
Where to give items to us
There are collection baskets in:
- Waitrose Lymington
- Tesco Lymington
- Co-op at Ampress, Lymington
- Co-op Hordle
- Welcome (in partnership with Southern Co-op)
- Community Shop Pilley
- Morrisons New Milton
Most places of worship within the New Forest area also have crates for you to put donated goods in.
You can also drop donations in to us at the food bank on weekdays between 9.00 am and 4.00 pm at the address shown at the bottom of this page.
Amazon Wish List
If you would prefer to donate goods online we have an Amazon Wish List. Anything ordered using this list will be delivered directly to the food bank.
What to give us
Here is a list of the food items we are most in need of:
- Tinned hot meat (stew, chilli, meatballs, chicken in white sauce etc)
- Tinned cold meat (ham, chicken, corned beef etc)
- Tinned pasta (macaroni cheese, spaghetti hoops etc)
- Rice pudding
- Jam, honey or peanut butter
- Fruit juice
- Coffee (100g jar)
- Sugar (500g pack)
- All-purpose cloths
- Washing-up liquid
- Clothes washing detergent
- Anti-bacterial spray
- Shower gel
- Sanitary products
- Nappies, particularly sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Baby wipes
Any other items of your choice!
Please note that any food donated to New Forest Basics Bank which we are unable to distribute to our clients, may be donated by us to another charity or organisation that carries out similar services.