Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the food bank. There are many ways in which volunteers can help, for example:
- office – involves manning the desk in the office, answering the telephone and dealing with emails, setting up any referrals on the computer system, dealing with visitors to the food bank cabin etc…
- food packing and shelf stacking – involves picking and packing food parcels based on the referrals received by the person manning the office updating the system as you go, restocking the shelves with incoming food, tidying the shelves so all food types are in the right place, keeping the hall tidy etc…
- delivering parcels – involves delivering food parcels to recipients across the southern part of the New Forest. It involves some lifting of heavy bags to your vehicle and from your vehicle to the property you are delivering to
- providing assistance to some of our charity partners for their events such as FareShare for their Larders and the Food Rescue Kitchen for their waste food hub.
- help with administration
- making contact with community groups, schools, surgeries etc..
- fund raising
We operate an online rota which allows you to sign up for rota spots at times that work for your diary.
To apply to become a volunteer just click here.
You will be asked to provide the contact details for 2 people who can give you a personal reference when you apply.
There is no charge for membership. Being a member gives you a voice and a vote at the Annual General Meeting.
To become a Member either as an individual or representing an organisation just click here.
No references are required for Membership applications.